ideastream®, a non-profit Public Media organization, is seeking a person who enjoys process improvement to join our HR department as a Payroll Accountant/Analyst. This position processes payroll, maintains all HR and payroll records, and administers employee benefit programs and related expenses including health, life, disability and retirement.
How to Apply
• Moderate experience in an HR or Accounting role. Experience in a payroll accounting role, strongly preferred.
• Broad knowledge of payroll and benefit functions. Experience with ADP, other payroll systems or Microsoft Dynamics GP software preferred.
• Knowledge of primary labor regulations such as Fair Labor Standards Act, COBRA, EEO, PPACA, FMLA and related compliance matters.
• Basic understanding of human resource functions such as employment regulations, training, compensation and administrative procedures.
• High level knowledge of Microsoft Office software tools including word processing, spreadsheets including such skills as vlookup and pivot table database analysis tools.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Customer service skills.
• Experience using an HRIS system for managing data and preparing analysis reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent experience required.
If you fit this profile and are looking to make a difference for your community please go to www.ideastream.org/employment and click on the position desired. There you can review full job description and apply.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply; we value diversity in our workplace.