We are seeking an energetic, self-starting fund development professional to play a key role on our small team. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer who is skilled in donor cultivation and stewardship. This is a 20 hour a week position reporting to the Development Director.
How to Apply
• Create materials needed for annual fund campaigns, event planning, and donor stewardship. Effectively target appeals to appropriate audiences, including both current and prospective donors
• Assist with event coordination, supporting logistics, sponsor solicitations, auctions, attendees, registration, etc. This includes “Glissando”, Rainey Institute’s annual benefit party.
• Assist Development Director in cultivating and requesting foundation support (research, LOI and application drafting, proofing, foundation relations, etc.)
• Create strategic communications for development including brochures, newsletters, direct mail, advertising, website content, e-blasts.
• Assist with mailings and other special projects as needed.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter with resume, two references (name, phone number and working relationship), and at least one writing sample (see below for more information) as one PDF attachment by email to: Terri Manns at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line. Writing samples should demonstrate experience in similar work – for example, a fundraising appeal letter, text and/or layout from an online crowd-funding campaign, or a grant application.