Cultural Partner Action Guide
Cuyahoga Arts & Culture needs your help to share our Report to the Community.
Why? When this dedicated tax funding was approved by residents in 2006, we promised to put public dollars to work to support arts and culture experiences in every corner of the county. In this report, we have the opportunity to share your remarkable work—which is how we deliver on that promise every day.
This year, our expanded Report includes more inspiring examples of CAC-funded organizations and projects. Your investment is strengthening communities across Cuyahoga County—and that’s a story worth telling.
But, while CAC-funded programs are reaching thousands of County residents each year, a recent survey indicates only 31% have heard of Cuyahoga Arts & Culture.* We need your help to continue to educate residents in the arts and cultural community and beyond about the value of public funding for arts and culture.
Please use this toolkit to share the Report to the Community and its key messages with your board, staff, volunteers, audiences, members, artists and communities.
Our 2014 Report to the Community tells the story of why public funding for arts and culture is beneficial to our community and the residents of Cuyahoga County. Together we’re:
- Enhancing Education by supporting learning opportunities for students of all ages;
- Enriching Quality of Life by making Cuyahoga County a vibrant place to live, work and play;
- Supporting Our Economy by helping build stronger, more resilient arts and culture organizations.
The best way to bring the 2014 Report to the Community to life is to tell your community what funding from CAC means to you. How has public funding from the residents of Cuyahoga County shaped your work or organization? Be sure to:
- Tell your “CAC story” to your board, staff, volunteers, audience and community. Start by asking, “Do you know about Cuyahoga Arts & Culture?” They’ve probably seen our logo, but do they know how CAC funding has impacted your organization?
- Share your story on social media or in an upcoming newsletter. Tag us in your posts/tweets and use #ThisIsCAC to connect your social media posts to public funding from CAC.
- Go beyond acknowledging CAC as a funder during your curtain speech or before a program. Take a moment to tell the participants or audience how CAC funding has impacted your work.
- Request a CAC staff member to speak at an upcoming board meeting or event.
- Continue to use CAC’s logo and Credit Expectations to raise awareness.
Post one of our ready-to-share graphics on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with one of the messages below. At 140 characters or less, the messages are perfect for any social media platform.
- We’re enhancing education with support from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. Learn how at www.cacgrants.org/report. #ThisIsCAC
- Our organization is stronger with support from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. Learn more at www.cacgrants.org/report. #ThisIsCAC
- We make communities more vibrant with support from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. Learn more at www.cacgrants.org/report. #ThisIsCAC
Want to take it to the next level? Give them something to talk about. Request hard copies of CAC’s 2014 Report to the Community or other free tools to let your participants know you received funding from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture and help spread the word about public funding for arts and culture.
From CAC-branded pens and reusable shopping bags to yard signs and posters, these free tools offer an additional touch-point for residents and participants at your next performance, festival or event.