Investing in Arts & Culture
Cuyahoga Arts & Culture believes that investing in arts and culture inspires our community, builds stronger neighborhoods and ultimately enhances the quality of life for all Cuyahoga County residents.
This is achieved through its primary grant programs: General Operating Support and Project Support.
General Operating Support grants strengthen the community with multi-year core support grants to arts and cultural organizations of all sizes, from world-class performing arts ensembles and museums to community arts and cultural organizations that are found throughout our neighborhoods. View a full list of grant recipients, our cultural partners, by year.Project Support grants support and encourage the community to take advantage of the vast variety of arts and cultural programming in our community by supporting projects based in Cuyahoga County including community art and music festivals, public art projects, performing arts, visual arts, dance, art therapy, community history projects and more. View a full list of grant recipients, our cultural partners, by year.
For more information about current grant programs, see the 2019 Grant Program Guide.
In addition, Cuyahoga Arts & Culture supports vibrant arts and culture in Cuyahoga County through the following programs and collaborations:
- Annual Concert in Downtown Cleveland
- Cuyahoga Arts & Culture supports an annual concert for the community in downtown Cleveland led by The Cleveland Orchestra.
- Arts & Culture in the Square
- With support from the National Endowment for the Arts and Group Plan Commission, CAC will bring ten new projects to life in downtown Cleveland’s outdoor Public Square in Summer 2017. Learn more.
- Neighborhood Connections
- Cuyahoga Arts & Culture supports resident-led arts and culture projects through a partnership with Neighborhood Connections, the small-grants and grassroots community-building program affiliated with the Cleveland Foundation. Learn more.
- Support for Artists
- Cuyahoga Arts & Culture supports individual artists in Cuyahoga County. From 2009 to 2016, CAC supported 161 artists through the Creative Workforce Fellowship, administered by the Community Partnership for Arts and Culture. Learn more.
- Creative Culture Grants
- In 2013, Cuyahoga Arts & Culture piloted its Creative Culture Grants program to spur creativity, collaboration and access for Cuyahoga County residents. More than 6,500 Cuyahoga County residents helped decide which two large-scale arts and cultural projects would receive up to $150,000.