Cuyahoga Arts & Culture’s Board of Trustees held their annual meeting on Wednesday, April 24 at The Dealership in Shaker Heights. Here’s what you missed if you weren’t able to attend.
- The Board approved grantmaking guidelines for the General Operating Support 2020-21 and Project Support 2020 grant programs. You can review the approved guidelines here. The grant programs will open for applications the week of April 29.
- The Board approved a renewal grant to the Center for Performance and Civic Practice to provide a second year of its Learning Lab program. The program will begin in the third quarter of 2019 and will once again offer professional development and funding for twelve artists and twelve nonprofit partners to co-create civic projects in 2019-2020.
- In response to grant recipient feedback, the board approved two contracts to provide training and capacity building work to support organizations that are interested in making their work more racially equitable. Contracts were approved for work with Race Forward and Equius Group.
- The Board conducted its annual election of officers and reappointed members to the Audit & Finance Advisory Committee. Learn more about our Board of Trustees at cacgrants.org/about-us/board.
- Board Trustee and Search Committee Liaison Gary Hanson shared that the search continues for CAC’s next Executive Director. He noted that the day-to-day operations at CAC are continuing smoothly and effectively under Jill Paulsen’s interim leadership.
CAC staff was pleased to share the 2018 Report to the Community is now available at cacgrants.org/2018
. Focusing on shared experiences and the unifying power of arts and culture, the report summarizes CAC’s annual activities and highlights CAC-funded organizations across our grant programs. It also recognizes the 68 organizations and 185 individuals that participated in training from the Racial Equity Institute that was sponsored by CAC in 2018.
How can you stay informed?
are the best ways to keep on top of what's happening at CAC. Our board meeting minutes and agenda packets are published on our website
. You can review those to see any previous actions our board has taken and for updates on other key projects.
Learn more about Cuyahoga Arts & Culture's Board of Trustees and view a schedule of upcoming meetings at cacgrants.org/about-us/board
. CAC's Board of Trustees meetings are always open to the public.
Our next regular Board of Trustees Meeting will be on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 4:00 pm.